As we discussed previously, the healthy returns of Duncan Keith and Michal Rozsival would lead to inevitable roster changes for the Hawks. The first of which came on Friday morning when Rozsival was activated off LTIR.
At practice on Friday, the first full team practice with both Keith and Rozsival participating, the Hawks had a few tweaks to their lines.
- Marko Dano made the jump back to the top line with Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa, a spot in which he showed flashes during the preseason.
- Andrew Shaw, who started there against the Devils on Thursday night, moved down to a retooled third line with Marcus Kruger and Teuvo Teravainen.
- The fourth line included Brandon Mashinter, Tanner Kero and Ryan Garbutt. Garbutt has been dealing with health issues and was a scratch again on Thursday night.
- Andrew Desjardins appears to be on the outside looking in after a costly mistake led to the Devils’ second goal on Thursday night. He found himself stapled to the bench after the error and now may be headed to the press box with Viktor Tikhonov when the Hawks head to St. Louis.
- On the blue line, Keith skated with Niklas Hjalmarsson and Brent Seabrook skated with Trevor van Riemsdyk. Rozsival was with Trevor Daley, with Viktor Svedberg and David Rundblad out of the mix.