On Tuesday, the first four games of the medal tournament at the 2014 Winter Olympics were contested and two Blackhawks saw their Olympics come to an end.
- Slovenia defeated Austria 4-0.
- Russia defeated Norway 4-0.
- Latvia upset Switzerland 3-1.
- And the Czech Republic defeated Slovakia 5-3.
For Slovakia, Marian Hossa scored the first goal by a Blackhawks player at the Winter Games, and added his second of the tournament in the third period. Michal Handzus won 16 of 28 faceoffs in 21:19, but they will head back to Chicago first among the 10 Blackhawks in Sochi.
Michal Rozsival skated 13:23 in the victory. The Czech Republic will face the United States in the next round of the tournament. That game, which starts at 11 AM CT, will (fittingly) be on the USA Network.
The schedule for games on Wednesday:
- Sweden vs. Slovenia – 2 AM CT – NBC SportsNet
- Russia vs. Finland – 6:30 AM CT – NBC SportsNet
- USA vs. Czech Republic – 11 AM CT – USA
- Canada vs. Latvia – 11 AM CT – MSNBC