After looking at how Chicago wound up with a goaltending group of Corey Crawford, Scott Darling and Antti Raanta earlier, now let’s look back at how the Blackhawks’ blue line was assembled.
- Duncan Keith – 2nd round, 54th overall – 2002
- Brent Seabrook – 1st round, 14th overall – 2003
- Niklas Hjalmarsson – draft pick rights (4th round, 108th overall) in 2005 NHL Draft were acquired from the New York Islanders in exchange for Alexander Karpovtsev on March 2, 2004.
- Johnny Oduya – acquired from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for a 2nd round pick (#61 – Zach Sanford) and 3rd round pick (#91 – J.C. Lipon) in the 2013 NHL Draft on Feb. 27, 2012.
- David Rundblad – acquired with defenseman Mathieu Brisebois from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft (#58 – Christian Dvorak) on March 4, 2014.
- Kimmo Timonen – acquired from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for two 2nd round draft picks* (2015 and 2016 – TBD) on Feb. 27, 2015.
- Trevor van Riemsdyk
- Kyle Cumiskey
- Michal Rozsival