The college regular seasons are ending, and the Blackhawks have some prospects putting up impressive numbers this season. Vince Hinostroza, a sophomore at Notre Dame, is tied for fourth in the country with 30 assists, while Vermont senior Mike Paliotta ranks third among all defenseman in the country with 31 points.
Let’s catch up with the Hawks top college prospects.
Posted in Prospects
Tagged Anthony Louis, Chicago Blackhawks, Chris Calnan, John Hayden, Luke Johnson, Mike Paliotta, NCAA, NHL, Nick Mattson, Nick Schmaltz, Tyler Motte, Vince Hinostroza
Two new faces joined the Blackhawks lineup on Monday night, but it was a few familiar faces leading the Blackhawks to a dominant win over the Carolina Hurricanes.
Late Monday morning, the Blackhawks traded forward Ben Smith and a conditional seventh round pick to the San Jose Sharks for forward Andrew Desjardins.
As we approach the NHL trade deadline on Monday afternoon, here is a complete list of the trades made in the Central Division since February 15. We’ll keep it updated as more deals are announced.
- Feb. 15 – acquired defenseman Cody Franson and forward Mike Santorelli from Toronto for center Olli Jokinen, forward Brendan Leipsic and a 1st round pick in 2015.
St. Louis Blues
- March 2 – acquired center Olli Jokinen from Toronto for forward Joakim Lindstrom and a conditional 6th round pick in 2016.
- March 2 – acquired defenseman Robert Bortuzzo and a 7th round pick in 2016 from Pittsburgh for defenseman Ian Cole.
- March 2 – acquired defenseman Zbynek Michalek and a 2015 conditional 3rd round draft pick from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for center Maxim Letunov.
- Feb. 26 – acquired forward Adam Cracknell from Columbus for future considerations.
- Feb. 25 – acquired forward Jiri Tlusty from Carolina for 3rd round pick in 2016 and a conditional 4th round pick in 2015.
- March 1 – acquired forward Lee Stempniak from the New York Rangers for forward Carl Klingberg.
- March 2 – acquired forward Chris Stewart from Buffalo for a 2nd round pick in 2017.
- March 2 – acquired defenseman Jordan Leopold from Columbus for defenseman Justin Falk and a 5th round pick in 2015.
- Feb. 27 – acquired forward Sean Bergenheim and a 7th round pick in 2016 from Florida for 3rd round pick in 2016.
- March 2 – acquired forward Freddie Hamilton from San Jose for defenseman Karl Stollery.
- March 1 – acquired forward Mattias Janmark, defenseman Mattias Backman and a 2nd round pick in 2015 from Detroit for forward Eric Cole and conditional 3rd round pick in 2015.
The long-rumored end of Antoine Vermette’s days in Arizona has finally arrived, and he’s headed to Chicago.
On Saturday night, the Blackhawks reportedly acquired the 32-year-old center from Arizona for defenseman Klas Dahlbeck and a first round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft.
On Saturday afternoon, the Chicago Blackhawks reassigned defenseman Kyle Cumiskey to the Rockford IceHogs. Cumiskey, 28, played in seven games for the Hawks after being recalled on Feb. 12.
In the wake of acquiring Kimmo Timonen on Friday night, the Hawks placed defenseman Tim Erixon on waivers Saturday.
The Blackhawks played their third game in four nights – and last before the trade deadline – and didn’t appear to have much in the tank as the Tampa Bay Lightning walked all over them for 60 minutes.
During the first period on Friday night, the Blackhawks acquired defenseman Kimmo Timonen from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for a second round draft pick in 2015 and a conditional draft pick in 2016.
When Patrick Kane went down, things looked bleak for the Blackhawks. But the schedule makers were good friends to the Hawks when they put together the 2014-15 calendar, and the push for the playoffs could provide Chicago with opportunities to improve.