Patrick Kane appeared on Fan 590 with Joey Vendetta in Toronto on Tuesday morning and was pretty honest.
Among the comments from Kane in the interview that were interesting:
- He injured his wrist in the second-to-last game of the regular season against the Red Wings.
- Kane estimated that his goal was to be ready for the regular season, but sounded skeptical regarding the start of training camp with his wrist recovery.
- He talked about being naive to some situations when he came into the league, and working to represent himself and the Blackhawks better.
- In Kane view, the Hawks were soft last year and needed to add toughness. “Teams were a little more physical than us.” and “We’re not going to have that problem this year.”
- Kane spent a few days with Jamal Mayers this summer.